Description The Fisher Building is located at 343 South Dearborn Street in Chicago, Illinois. Construction of the original 18-story building was completed in 1896. The building was designed by Charles Atwood of D.H. Burnham & Company for paper magnate Lucius Fisher. The terra cotta exterior is neo-gothic in style and features carvings of a wide variety of creatures including fish, serpents, lizards, eagles, dragons and frogs. A 20-story addition was added in 1907 by architect Peter J. Weber, a former employee of Daniel Burnhams firm. The first two stories of the building are used for commercial tenants while floors 3 through 20 are residential. The building is a Chicago Landmark and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
All prints have a black border around the image. This border contains an image catalog number, a description of the image and the Paul Hasara copyright. The print has a white margin at all four sides as shown in the preview.
Paul Hasara, Chicago Member Since July 2008 Artist Statement Paul Hasara was raised in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. He earned a bachelor’s degree in architecture from Ohio State University. In his early architectural career Paul was trained to draw buildings by hand using a straight edge, ruler and compass. The drafting process helped Paul to develop an interest in abstract compositions of lines, curves and shapes. His architectural background is the inspiration for his photographic vision. Paul lives in Chicago, and is currently photographing the architecture of this great city. He also has an extensive catalog of classic car images that have been posted online. Paul will soon be posting a series of window reflection photographs created between 1998 and 2004.