Description This post office was built sometime before 1920. In 1922, it became the fourth post office for the City of Katy. Prior to that time the post office had been located in various stores but in 1922 it was moved to this small building located on Second St. near Ave. B. The building has also been used as a private residence, a jewelry store, a grocery store and for storage. It was given to the Katy Heritage Society in 1995 by Fred and Roberta Rylander and moved to park property on East Avenue. It was moved to Katy Heritage Park in 2003. The post office building also holds the original printing press for the Brookshire Times newspaper.
Dennis Stein, Fairhope, Alabama Member Since July 2009 Artist Statement Dennis has worked in the engineering business for 35 years in piping design and continues to work in Piping Design for an engineering firm in Mobile, Alabama. Dennis enjoys having his images displayed and enjoyed by others. As you view Dennis' work please feel free to comment or email him. Dennis will be adding galleries and photo's on a regular basis so please return to his on line galleries often.
Dennis has had one of his images published in the San Antonio City Tour Guide.