, Westgate Co Durham
• I am an artist based in Westgate, Weardale, Co. Durham. Originally an art teacher, I left full time teaching to pursue my own artistic aspirations.
• My schizophrenic repertoire of work ranges from the depiction of movement in dance, music, sport and nature to my ‘dark side’, a gruesome array of Gothic humour mirroring life, politics, war, pollution, death and all that stuff.
• As well as exhibition and mural work, I teach art night classes at Wolsingham Community College and have worked as a part-time lecturer in art/craft for Community Education at Bishop Auckland College.
• I also run regular art workshops for school projects, drug rehabilitation classes, youth projects (including summer schools) and art/craft for students with physical and learning difficulties.
• I was chosen to represent County Durham in their cultural exchange scheme which resulted in two exhibitions staged in Tübingen, Germany.
• Following two successful exhibitions in the U.S.A. in February, 1999 I was invited back to the States to show my paintings in the twin county of Durham, North Carolina in August, 2000.
• I was chosen to represent county Durham at the Municipality of Royvas Painting Festival, Crete in August, 2006
• Summer 2008 Chosen to represent England in an international arts project entitled '4seasons' (fine art, sculpture and photo montage)
• My work has been commissioned both home and abroad and has been featured on the Tyne Tees Television programme, ‘Dales Diary’.
2007 Washington Arts Centre, Tyne and Wear
2000 The Art Guild Gallery,
Twin City Exhibition, Durham, Nth Carolina. U.S.A.
2000 B.B.C. Broadcasting Centre Newcastle on Tyne
1999 Newark Academy Gallery New Jersey, U.S.A.
1999 D.L.I. Art Gallery Durham City
1998 The Cutting Room Gallery Leeds
1997 Bishop Auckland Town Hall Gallery Co. Durham
1997 Brabenthallen Netherlands
1996 Crook Civic Centre Co. Durham
1996 Washington Arts Centre Co. Durham
1995 Studentwerk Tübingen, Germany
1993 Crook Civic Centre Co. Durham
2008 Kreissparkassencarré Tübingen, Germany
2006 Gergeri Painting Festival, Crete
1999 New York Art Expo U.S.A.
1998 Art Miami U.S.A.
1997 Wear Valley Artists Co. Durham
1993 Raw Gallery London
1992 International Art Exchange Exhibition Tübingen, Germany
2001 Feature of artist and work ~ Dales Diary ~ Tyne Tees Television
1999 Celebrity guest ~ Radio Cleveland ~ Interview about painting in acrylics
1997 Review ~ North East Tonight ~ I.T.V.
1997 Northern Echo ~ Centre page full colour article by Alistair Gilmore
entitled, ‘A Mermaid in my Bathroom’
1993 Mini documentary on work ~ Radio Newcastle
1992 Coverage of ‘Prison Residency’ ~ Northern Life, B.B.C.
1992 Mini documentary on work ~ Northern Life, B.B.C.
CATALOGUES / PUBLISHED WORK
2000 Main feature ~ Weardale Gazette
1999 November issue ~ Artists and Illustrators Magazi