Description Watercolor, 11 x 15. It located at the northeast corner of 1st Avenue and James Street, was the first of three legacy buildings built by Seattle pioneer Henry Yesler after the Great Seattle Fire of June 1889. Designed by Elmer H. Fisher, it embodies the transition between Victorian and Romanesque Revival styles, the facades, with vertical pilasters and horizontal belt courses creating a grid, reflect Victorian compositional strategies and details, such as the round arches over groups of windows and the arched main entrance and corner entrance, are Romanesque Revival elements. It won an award from the American Institute of Architects for being the finest building West of Chicago in 1892.
Lisa Lu, State of Washington Member Since March 2009 Artist Statement Lisa first started painting with color pencils at the age of 10, and she has always loved to paint ever since; it allows her to express feelings with a peaceful mind. Self-taught and self-developed in watercolor and ink painting, each of Lisa's painting is a journey to adventure. Lisa presently resides with her husband and their son in the State of Washington. She is a licensed architect, and currently works in an architecture firm, while continuing self study and painting on architecture and landscape subjects in watercolors.