Description Watercolor, 15 x 11;The theatre, at northeast corner of the Old Town, was named after the great Romantic playwrite, Juliusz Slowacki, and was built in 1893 after several medieval buildings, chruches and even a hospital had been demolished to make space at the Holy Ghost Square. It is one of the most famous and distinguished Polish theatre scenes. The edifice, designed by the Polish architect Jan Zawiejski, is ranked among the most valuable monuments of theatre architecture in Europe.It looks very spectacular, lovely sandstone with amazing decorations and sculptures along the top all the way around. There are lots of unusual carved stone grotesque masks similar to the top of the Cloth Hall.
Lisa Lu, State of Washington Member Since March 2009 Artist Statement Lisa first started painting with color pencils at the age of 10, and she has always loved to paint ever since; it allows her to express feelings with a peaceful mind. Self-taught and self-developed in watercolor and ink painting, each of Lisa's painting is a journey to adventure. Lisa presently resides with her husband and their son in the State of Washington. She is a licensed architect, and currently works in an architecture firm, while continuing self study and painting on architecture and landscape subjects in watercolors.